REGISTRATION FOR THE SPRING IS OPEN FROM DECEMBER 2022 - FEBRUARY 2023
Requirements to register:
- You must be able to attend a training clinic. Typically, we have an on-field session on Saturday or Sunday morning and a classroom session that night. If you cannot attend both sessions, you cannot umpire. The only exception would be that you attend an alternative camp later in February, which can be found HERE. We also instruct at that camp, but it is not affiliated with Highland Village and requires a fee.
- You must be available on the majority of Saturdays starting in March and ending in June since most games are on Saturdays. We can work with tournament baseball schedules to an extent. Communication with the Director is key.
- You will be required to complete an IRS W9 Tax form
- You must be at least 13 years old
- You will be required to buy a uniform (Pants, Shirt, Belt). A hat will be provided. Dark shoes are required if you do not already have them.
- Director of Umpires: Ayden Burris - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Date & Location
The outdoor on-field Clinic will be on a Saturday or Sunday in February. We may have a classroom session with a date TBD.
- During the on-field portion of the clinic, we will be at Unity Park in Highland Village doing on-field learning. New umpires in the morning. Returning umpires in the afternoon.
- For the classroom session (DATE TBD), we will be at the Robert-Lee Duvall Center or another location in that area. Bring a notepad and pencil/pen.
For last-minute changes and updates, join the Remind text list by texting the message "@clumpp" (without quotes) to number 81010.
Day of Clinic Checklist
- Wear an Umpire uniform if you already have one
- W9 Tax form - You will not be allowed to work without filling this out
- Online Registration must be completed before the day of the clinic
- Athletic shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Plate gear if you are coming to the kid pitch clinic (2nd year and above umpires)
- Note pad is optional, not necessary
Please be aware that you will NOT need these items for the clinic, which is not required until your first scheduled game. This is just a suggestion for people who would like to get a head start on their umpiring this year. Again, there will not be any penalty or negative review/judgment for not having this gear before the clinic.
Feel free to email Ayden Burris - email email@example.com for any questions or concerns concerning uniforms.
Games Rules & Arbiter Tutorials
Links & Downloads
Other Useful Links